The CEP centre, in partnership with the RHRAA and HRSA, is proud to announce the HRM/OB Career Mentoring Program is entering its 3rd year! This program aims to connect current 3rd and 4th HRM/OB students with alumni to assist students in the process of decision-making and the transition into their careers.
The intent of the HRM/OB Career Mentoring Program is to better prepare mentees for their desired career field in HRM/OB by providing professional and personal development support.
An effective mentor can shorten your learning curve (you don’t have to make all of your own mistakes – you can learn from the best practices of others).
· Explore various industries of choice and identify related-professional career alternatives
· Work closely with professionals in a realistic environment
· Networking opportunities – Your mentor can be a useful “connector” and “hub” to extend your own network
· Gain insight of challenges, how to overcome them and the criteria to being successful in the industry
- Professional and networking etiquette
- How to bridge classroom knowledge with workplace environment
- Have someone guide you through your professional learning goals
· Academic Year: 3rd or 4th year students with a genuine interest in further developing their career learning goals
· Students who have participated in the Mentoring Program in previous years are also permitted to apply
Interested in becoming a mentee this year?
Attend our upcoming Information Session on September 14, 2017 from 6:00pm-9:00pm in TRS 3-129. Your registration details are here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/bchrhraahrsa-presents-the-hr-career-mentorship-program-tickets-37666706132?ref=estw
Note: Information Session attendance is mandatory to participate in the program and applicants who are unable to attend must receive permission to make alternate arrangements with the CEP centre to cover missed material.